(Last update: September 2022)
Be sure to read this fully first: https://onlinejobsplus.com/top-benefits-reasons-why-you-should-join-platformx-now-than-later/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About PlatformX Founding Membership
Upwork charges up to P200,000 (or more) yearly in commission fees. Why is the PlatformX annual membership so cheap? What’s the catch?
There’s no catch. I made it extremely affordable to stay inclusive. I believe freelancers should have access to a jobs platform that is really serious about helping freelancers find better-paying jobs.
My goal is for PlatformX to be the antithesis or the direct opposite of Upwork and other current job platforms which have been charging exorbitant fees, neglecting & disrespecting freelancers, and letting scams and non-paying clients proliferate for over 20 years.
It’s also my way of saying “thank you” to our most loyal supporters; it’s a reward for their early support.
Building a company is really difficult. It takes a lot of resources (time, money, etc.).
By voting with your feet (and money), you’ll help build a real and ethical alternative online jobs platform that freelancers can be truly proud of.
Our membership fee won’t stay too cheap for long. We’ll continuously increase the price until and after the launch as we make progress (hire more PlatformX employees, improve the platform’s features, etc.). So I highly suggest you join now.
Why should I join as a Founding Member (FM)? What will I miss if I don’t join now?
There are over 40 benefits, bonuses, and reasons to join now than later. Read this fully: https://onlinejobsplus.com/top-benefits-reasons-why-you-should-join-platformx-now-than-later/
Why should I trust you?
- I’m extremely passionate about effecting massive change and impact in the freelancing space and the world as a whole
- I’m an unprecedented & multi-awarded Boy Scout, student leader, and athlete
- I’ve been helping, coaching, and mentoring new, struggling, and skilled freelancers since 2013/2014
- I’m the only freelancer in the Philippines (and one of only 2 in the world) with published Stanford University-led, online jobs-related project research papers here (search for “Jeff Regino”)
- I have an unmatched helping and free coaching track record: I’ve helped well over 5,000 freelancers on Messenger alone and created well over 10,000 group posts and comments (and still counting), aside from performing voluntary group admin/moderator work virtually almost daily (including weekends and holidays!) for over 6 straight years (and still counting); Thousands of freelancers got jobs because of my mentoring, referral, facilitation, and free coaching
- I’m a Finalist and Top 3 [PlatformX] in my cohort in Bridge for Billions (a Spain-based impact startup incubator) and I got featured here
- I’m a multi-awarded oDesk and Upwork freelancer (with a long-inactive Top Rated-candidate agency)
- I have unmatched freelance mentoring stats in the Philippines: a success rate of 80% (i.e. 8 out of 10 students of mine got hired within a week or less) and a satisfaction rate of 100%
- I’ve been personally invited to join the Platform Coop conference by the PCC director in New York in 2019; I’m likely the only Filipino to be invited there ever
- I have unmatched volunteering stats: thousands of feedback and testimonials from freelancers I’ve helped
- I own, manage, and/or moderate many Facebook groups for over 6 straight years for free. I’ve approved tens of thousands of group join requests, pending posts, and keep the group clean and organized (I’ve removed thousands of spams & scams). I’m the only FB group owner or admin with such a record
- Here’s just one group (with over 230,000 members) where you can see thousands of my posts and comments — check here & here
PlatformX hasn’t launched and yet it is an award-winning startup. How’s that possible?
I joined a Spain-based impact startup incubator (Bridge for Billions) and became a Finalist and Top 3 in my cohort and even got featured here.
Why hasn’t PlatformX launched yet?
Because building a serious online jobs platform is hard. There’s a lot of careful pre-planning, logistics, and resources involved. If it wasn’t hard, everybody would’ve done it. In the past 20 years, there’s been no serious, genuinely worker-focused platform that surfaced.
I’m a new freelancer, is this for me?
If you’re interested to succeed in freelancing (and faster), then yes, definitely. PlatformX will offer various job types to new, semi-skilled, and skilled freelancers.
Will PlatformX help me find a job?
Yes. If you are genuinely skilled and committed, there’s a really good chance you’ll find jobs on PlatformX, especially if you join early when there’s much, much less competition. Join first = hired first!
I’ve helped many freelancers find better-paying jobs even before I started PlatformX.
My audacious goal is for all genuinely skilled PlatformX members to get hired. Meanwhile, we’ll give training to new and less-skilled freelancers.
Of course, this goal will take a long time to materialize. It won’t be easy. It’s a step-by-step process.
I already have a client. Should I still join?
Yes, you should! So you can have access to better-paying jobs and our perks, discounts, and more such as our exclusive funds (emergency, retirement, savings funds, etc.). You’d also save more because we don’t charge commission fees, unlike Upwork and others. For more information, read this fully: https://onlinejobsplus.com/top-benefits-reasons-why-you-should-join-platformx-now-than-later/
How will I earn money on PlatformX?
There will be various ways for new and skilled freelancers to earn (part-time, one-time, full-time jobs, etc.). Details will be shared in the future.
We’ll also have CYOJ or Create Your Own Job. If your offer/skill is useful, we might consider making it happen. You might even get a chance to work with the PlatformX team (employees)!
What makes PlatformX different from Upwork and other platforms?
There are many differences.
PlatformX is mission and freelancer-focused. It’s not for sale. Unlike Upwork, PlatformX won’t charge commission fees and job application/proposal fees (“connects”). PlatformX will be open to feedback and act on them much faster (weeks/months, not years or decades like Upwork) for the improvement of our platform.
I’ve also listed many here: https://onlinejobsplus.com/top-benefits-reasons-why-you-should-join-platformx-now-than-later/
Will you offer training and internships?
Yes, both and many more, are part of the roadmap in the coming months and years. It’s a step-by-step process.
Do you accept installments?
As of September, we’re now accepting installments. Message us for more details.
Having said that, all Founding Members have paid in full, so far.
Now is the best time to join because we offer the lowest membership fee to our early-bird supporters (
P4,700 only now P6,500). We’ll never offer this extremely cheap membership fee again and we’ll gradually increase the price as we make platform improvements along the way (post-launch membership: P30,000 and beyond).
Who should I invite to get a free annual membership?
Founding Members should only invite friends and relatives, ideally, those who are skilled and/or experienced and interested in freelancing/working from home. We aim to create a high-quality and passionate community.
To get a free annual membership, you should invite 3* paying Founding Members within one month.
* PWDs, nurses, students, teachers, seniors, and single parents are exempted; they only need to invite two
Next steps after filling out the Founding Membership form?
The next steps will be provided through email updates to the Founding Members and waitlist users.
It’s a step-by-step process. Thanks for your patience.
Will you offer a refund?
Yes, if PlatformX fails to launch.
Do current Founding Members recommend others to join PlatformX?
Yes. In fact, in my very recent survey, 100% of Founding Members recommend people join PlatformX now.
Why don’t you have investors?
I found it extremely hard to find investors who are 1. looking for realistic returns and more importantly 2. aligned with my vision and mission for PlatformX.
I also reached out to many local government agencies, LGUs, and senators (even the famous ones). They didn’t help, so the success of PlatformX is all up to our community. I’m still open to investors but I’m confident we can make it without them!
Do you accept donations and investments?
Yes, PlatformX is open to donations and investments before launch. (subject to due diligence)
Donations above P5,000 will entitle you to join the PlatformX Hall of Gratitude (see details of #27 here). Investors will enter into a legal contract with us.
We’ll inform you when we’re ready. Email: email@example.com
What if I have more questions? Can I give feedback too?
Email me if my posts/articles haven’t addressed your PlatformX-related concerns.